David Bello, MD
David Bello, MD is an Associate Professor of Medicine for the University of Florida’s Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and an Associate Professor of Medicine at Orlando Health Institute. During his Electrophysiology Fellowship at Northwestern University Medical School, Dr. Bello received the Merck Fellow “Young Investigator Award” of the American College of Cardiology through his MRI Research fellowship in Heart Failure and Electrophysiology at Northwestern University. After his fellowship training, he held an Assistant Professor of Medicine position at the University of California and was the director of Cardiac CT & MRI at this institution. Dr. Bello has participated in several research trials and published works in the areas of Cardiac CT, MRI, MRA, heart failure, and electrophysiology including novel imaging and catheter technique for atrial fibrillation. He has presented at National and International meetings in the area of Cardiac MRI, Heart Failure, and Electrophysiology. Dr. Bello has received multiple awards on research and investigation trials. Dr. Bello is board certified in Internal Medicine and subspecialty of Cardiovascular Disease and Electrophysiology. He is also board certified in nuclear medicine.
|MD||Central University of Venezuela|
|Residency||Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh||Internal Medicine|
|Research Fellow||University of California San Francisco, Cardiovascular Research Institute||Congestive Heart Failure|
|Fellowship||Northwestern University Medical School||Cardiology|
|Fellowship||Northwestern University Medical School||Electrophysiology|
- Dr. Bello’s main interests include Cardiac CT, MRI and MRA applied to Heart Failure and Electrophysiology, Implantation and Management of Internal Cardiac Defibrillators and Permanent Pacemakers, along with Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations.
- Rickard J, Taborsky M, Bello D, Johnson WB, Ramza B, Chang Y, Wilkoff BL. Short- and long-term electrical performance of the 5086MRI pacing lead. Heart Rhythm. 2014 Feb;11(2):222-9. PubMed
- Winchester DE, Chauffe RJ, Liu T, Badiye A, Patel M, Bello D. A quality improvement project for reducing cardiac computed tomography radiation dose in a community-based, multihospital setting. Crit Pathw Cardiol. 2013 Jun;12(2):49-52. PubMed
- Rubenstein JC, Lee DC, Wu E, Kadish AH, Passman R, Bello D, Goldberger JJ. A comparison of cardiac magnetic resonance imaging peri-infarct border zone quantification strategies for the prediction of ventricular tachyarrhythmia inducibility. Cardiol J. 2013;20(1):68-77. PubMed
- Schwitter J, Kanal E, Schmitt M, Anselme F, Albert T, Hayes DL, Bello D, Tóth A, Chang Y, van Osch D, Sommer T; on behalf of the Advisa MRI System Study Investigators. Impact of the Advisa MRI pacing system on the diagnostic quality of cardiac MR images and contraction patterns of cardiac muscle during scans: Advisa MRI randomized clinical multicenter study results. Heart Rhythm. 2013 Feb 19. PubMed
- Gimbel JR, Bello D, Schmitt M, Merkely B, Schwitter J, Hayes DL, Sommer T, Schloss EJ, Chang Y, Willey S, Kanal E; Advisa MRI System Study Investigators. Randomized trial of pacemaker and lead system for safe scanning at 1.5 Tesla. Heart Rhythm. 2013;10(5):685-91. PubMed
- Ubee SS, Kasi VS, Bello D, Manikandan R. Implications of pacemakers and implantable cardioverter defibrillators in urological practice. J Urol. 2011;186(4):1198-205. PubMed
- Bello D, Einhorn A, Kaushal R, Kenchaiah S, Raney A, Fieno D, Narula J, Goldberger J, Shivkumar K, Subacius H, Kadish A. Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: infarct size is an independent predictor of mortality in patients with coronary artery disease. Magn Reson Imaging. 2011;29(1):50-6. PubMed
- Wilkoff BL, Bello D, Taborsky M, Vymazal J, Kanal E, Heuer H, Hecking K, Johnson WB, Young W, Ramza B, Akhtar N, Kuepper B, Hunold P, Luechinger R, Puererfellner H, Duru F, Gotte MJ, Sutton R, Sommer T; EnRhythm MRI SureScan Pacing System Study Investigators. Magnetic resonance imaging in patients with a pacemaker system designed for the magnetic resonance environment. Heart Rhythm. 2011;8(1):65-73. PubMed
- Kadish AH, Bello D, Finn JP, Bonow RO, Schaechter A, Subacius H, Albert C, Daubert JP, Fonseca CG, Goldberger JJ. Rationale and design for the Defibrillators to Reduce Risk by Magnetic Resonance Imaging Evaluation (DETERMINE) trial. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2009 Sep;20(9):982-7. PubMed Central
Please click here for a list of Dr. Bello’s industry relationships.