Wilmer W. Nichols, PhD
Dr. Wilmer Nichols is a native of Boonesville, Mississippi. Under his guidance numerous fellows and young faculty members have performed research resulting in national presentations or publications in peer review journals.
|BS||Delta State University||Mathematics|
|MS||University of Southern Mississippi||Mathematics & Physics|
|PhD||University of Alabama Birmingham||Physiology & Biophysics|
- Dr. Nichols’ major interests are related to pulsatile pressure and flow in arteries. His investigations over the years have dealt with sophisticated measurements of aortic impedance and left ventricular responses to acute changes in afterload in men. He is also interested in Hemodynamics, Cardiovascular Aging, Hypertension, Exercise, and Cardiovascular Disease in Women.
- Cardiovascular Aging
- Cardiovascular Disease in Women
- Denardo SJ, Nandyala R, Freeman GL, Pierce GL, Nichols WW. Pulse wave analysis of the aortic pressure waveform in severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Circ Heart Fail. 2010;3:149-56.
- Denardo SJ, Gong Y, Nichols WW, Messerli FH, Bavry AA, Cooper-Dehoff RM, Handberg EM, Champion A, Pepine CJ. Blood pressure and outcomes in very old hypertensive coronary artery disease patients: an INVEST substudy. Am J Med. 2010;123:719-26.
- Casey DP, Nichols WW, Conti CR, Braith RW. Relationship between endogenous concentrations of vasoactive substances and measures of peripheral vasodilator function in patients with coronary artery disease. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2010;37:24-28.
- Nichols WW, Epstein BJ. Actions of selected cardiovascular hormones on arterial stiffness and wave reflections. Curr Pharm Des. 2009;15:304-20.
Please click here for a list of Dr. Nichols’ industry relationships.