Women and Heart Disease: Closing the Gap
- When: January 21, 2017
- Where: Atlantic Beach, FL (One Ocean Resort)
- Talk time: 11:45 a.m. – 12:25 p.m.
- Talk title: “Role of Nutrition and Supplements in Management of Cardiovascular Disease”
- Website: http://womensheart.cme.ufl.edu/
- Registration Link: http://womensheart.cme.ufl.edu/register/
- When: January 26, 2017
- Where: Gainesville Health & Fitness Main Center, 4820 W. Newberry Road, Gainesville, FL 32607
- Talk time: 6 p.m.
- Registration: Please email email@example.com or call 352.377.4955. Free to members of GHFC, non-members and the public.
Avoiding chronic illness: The role of nutrition and mind-body awareness
Women’s Advantage seminar
- When: Thursday, February 9. 2017 1 – 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Wyndham Garden Gainesville (formerly Paramount Plaza)
2900 SW 13 Street
Gainesville, FL 32608
- Price: FREE
- Description: Balance is what our bodies desire, and it is vital to keeping us healthy, stable, calm and free of illness. Without balance our bodies suffer and we can develop illness. Learn how our day-to-day choices, environment, nutrition and stress can contribute to our health. At this seminar we will take a fresh look at how diet, exercise, mind-body techniques and movement can help improve your health and decrease chronic illness. Even small changes can make a big difference. Becoming healthier is not a simple task … but it is a worthwhile one. The speaker willl be Monica Aggarwal, M.D., F.A.C.C. who practices cardiology at UF Health Cardiology – Springhill and is the director of nutrition in cardiovascular services. Refreshments will be served and advanced registration is requested.
- Website: https://ufhealth.org/events/avoiding-chronic-illness-role-nutrition-and-mind-body-awareness-womens-advantage-seminar
UF Health Integrative Medicine Conference and Workshop
- When: May 6, 2017
- Where: Gainesville, FL (Harrell Medical Education Building
- Talk time: 11:00 – 12:00
- Talk title: “Supplements on Your Plate”
- Website: http://integrativemed.cme.ufl.edu/
- Registration Link: http://integrativemed.cme.ufl.edu/register/\