Kavita Krishnasamy, MD, FACC
Dr. Kavita Krishnasamy is an Assistant Professor for the UF Division of Cardiovascular Medicine. She specializes in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, with interests in implantation of cardiac devices and ablations of cardiac arrhythmias.
She completed her medical training at Northeast Ohio Medical University. She pursued her training in Internal Medicine at Case Western Reserve University followed by specialty training in Cardiovascular Disease at the University of Illinois at Chicago, wherein she served as Chief Fellow. She then completed her sub-specialty training in Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology at the University of Michigan, wherein she was voted Fellow of the Year.
Dr. Krishnasamy has been recognized as a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
|Medical School (MD)||Northeastern Ohio Medical University||Medicine|
|Residency||Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals Case Medical Center||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||University of Illinois at Chicago||Cardiology|
|Fellowship||University of Michigan||Electrophysiology|
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Heart Rhythm Society
- Chugh A, Gurm HS, Krishnasamy K, Saeed M, Lohawijarn W, Hornsby K, Cunnane R, Ghanbari H, Latchamsetty R, Crawford T, Jongnarangsin K, Bogun F, Oral H, Morady F. Spectrum of atrial arrhythmias using the ligament of Marshall in patients with atrial fibrillation. Heart Rhythm. 2018;15(1):17-24.
- Yokokawa M, Chugh A, Latchamsetty R, Ghanbari H, Crawford T, Jongnarangsin K, Cunnane R, Saeed M, Hornsby K, Krishnasamy K, Lohawijarn W, Keast R, Karpenko D, Bogun F, Pelosi F Jr, Morady F, Oral H. Ablation of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation using a second-generation cryoballoon catheter or contact-force sensing radiofrequency ablation catheter: A comparison of costs and long-term clinical outcomes. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2017 Oct 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mathew GM, Rodriguez A, Lawrence L, Krishnasamy KP, Marok RS, Pauwaa S, Dia M, Macaluso G, Drever ED, Yasmeen T. A Unique Presentation of Thyroid Storm and Myopericarditis In a Young Muscular Man. AACE Clinical Case Reports. Winter 2017;3:e74-e78.
- Romano S, Krishnasamy K, Jariwala N, Chung J, Farzaneh-Far A. Giant mitral blood cyst: Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging features. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:17-8.
- Krishnasamy K, Frazin LJ, Kansal M. Cardiac tamponade on the edge. Echocardiography. 2015;32(10):1581-4.
- Chaudhry SP, Krishnasamy K, Bhimani AA, Halle AA 3rd. Rhabdomyolysis: not a textbook case. Am J Med. 2012;125(2):e3-4.